Your Privacy is Important.
The following are considerations for you as regards the privacy of your information.
Brooklyn International Group may need to collect personal and sensitive information about, and from you, in connection with your meeting with us. This information is for Brooklyn International Group’s use and will be accessed by Brooklyn International Group’s employees, agents or contractors in order to assist you.
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you when you attend a consultation, interview, submit your resume or take part in any psychological assessment or test. Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when we receive:
- any reference about you;
- results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, educational institutions, professional associations or registration body;
- results of any competency or medical test; performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any additional information you provide us about yourself.
How your information will be used
Your personal information will be used for the purpose of:
- Assessing or effecting your actual or possible work placement.
- Your performance appraisals.
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects.
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved.
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
How it may be disclosed
To assist you effectively, we may need to release certain appropriate information about you (having gained your express permission) to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Brooklyn International Group.
- Our insurers.
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information.
- A Workers Compensation body.
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. people contracted to Brooklyn International Group to assist in the nature of our work.
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you choose to not give us the information we seek
Although all information that we ask for is purely voluntary, if you choose to not provide the information we seek, we may be limited in our ability to assist you through the services we provide.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
You can see any personal and sensitive information that we hold about you (some exceptions apply under the law).
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. If we are unable to do so, you can provide us with a statement which states what you believe to be the case and we will put that on file.
To gain access and make any corrections, contact your consultant.
In some cases we may impose an administrative charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We do not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
If you require access to psychometric results we will provide a trained psychologist to interpret the results that you have achieved through any psychometric assessment. In some instances this service will attract a charge pertaining to consulting time.
Disposal of your information
If you require us to dispose of your information, please inform us in writing addressed to the National Operations Manager.
Our policy is to destroy unused information in a secure and confidential manner.
Fair Trading Amendment (Employment Placement Services) Act 2002 and Regulations
The above Act and Regulations require us to provide the following statement to you.
- Brooklyn International Group is an employment placement service and we do not charge candidates (job applicants) a fee for the purpose of finding that candidate employment.
- We do not engage in any misleading or deceptive conduct including activities such as:
- Advertising a position as being available when we know no such position exists.
- Knowingly giving misleading information to a candidate about the nature of a position.